Edna’s halfway houses and women’s sober livings West Palm Beach is supporting the local Florida recovery community during the Coronavirus pandemic. The following information will provide ways to be safe and explain what Edna’s is doing for our present and potential clients. We have been a highly regarded women’s sober living Palm Beach Gardens recovery residence for the last 5 years.
Our special care for pregnant women in recovery has us more connected to the medical community than many other halfway houses. We have put comprehensive procedures in place above and beyond our FARR certification. From our admissions, security camera system to daily care, we are one of the safest sober homes in south Florida.
Dealing with the Coronavirus itself is difficult enough, but also dealing with maintaining recovery compounds the difficulty in dealing with this situation. The added stress can cause many issues of alcohol and drug misuse. You are not alone; Edna’s women’s sober livings West Palm Beach is here for whatever help you may need. Our recovery residences are open and prepared to take care of you.
How Are Sober Livings Prepared for the Coronavirus?
Edna’s FARR certified women’s sober livings West Palm Beach and recovery residences have put into place comprehensive pre-screening procedures to protect our residents and future clients. We feel these are necessary for everyone’s safety. Some of these procedures include.
- Screening for Coronavirus Process – We added questions to find out if anyone may currently have Coronavirus symptoms. We ask questions regarding their personal travel during the last 6 months. We are screening potential clients to find out if they have a fever, shortness of breath. Gloves and protective clothing are worn by staff members. All clothing including items worn at admissions is thoroughly washed.
- Keeping A Healthy Staff – If any of Edna’s Sober Living West Palm Beach staff show signs of the Coronavirus COVID-19, they are sent home immediately.
- Reduction of Contact at our Recovery Residences – We are closely monitoring and regulating all personal contact. No visitors of are allowed whatsoever during this time.
- Thorough Sanitization and Scheduled Cleaning – Our halfway houses are regularly cleaned and sanitized. The cleaning schedule includes sinks, faucets, counter tops, bathrooms, door knobs and buttons on appliances.
- Ample Coronavirus Safety Supplies – Our sober homes and livings are fully stock with needed items to outlast the pandemic. We are fully stocked with;
- Clorox disinfectant wipes
- Lysol spray and cleaners
- Purell hand disinfectant
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
Edna’s women’ sober livings West Palm Beach staff are regularly meeting and getting updated on CDC recommendations. We are implementing anything new concerning contamination, prevention and management of the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
What Can you Do to Avoid Contracting the Coronavirus?
There is a lot of information out there on the Coronavirus. Unfortunately, we see too much bad advice being given on social media by unqualified resources. We are striving to provide resources for the best information on sober homes in West Palm Beach. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is probably the best resource when there is a pandemic. Here are some recommendations on the Coronavirus;
- Frequently and vigorously wash your hands (15 times a day).
- Regularly use alcohol based (%60 minimum) hand sanitizers.
- Avoid touch your eyes, nose, mouth and face.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue, paper towel, or napkin (or elbow if not available) if sneezing or coughing. Please remember to wash your hands after you sneeze or cough.
- Practice social distancing by remaining t least 6’ from anyone.
- Avoid any social gatherings
- Stay at home in isolation if you are showing any symptoms of the flu.
- Absolutely avoid any contact with anyone showing signs of being sick.
- Avoid smoking as this restricts air through the lungs
Places to Access to 12-step AA Meetings West Palm Beach Online
At the core of Edna’s women’s sober livings West Palm Beach, Florida is the 12-step teachings and way of life. During this time of national isolation and social distancing attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings is scary. They are more than just support groups, but a way of life for many.
It’s highly recommended that alternative measures be taken to continue these vital meetings. The American Society of Addiction Medicine lists many on-line resources for 12-step meetings including Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). These meetings play a vital role for many in recovery. They are a lifeline for individuals early in recovery as well as individuals in long-term recovery.
Here is another good resource for the best AA meetings West Palm Beach. There are many struggling to find 12-step meetings on-line. The Coronavirus is forcing many trying to maintain sobriety to take in on-line meetings. A break from these important meanings could mean relapse for some.
Edna’s Women’s Sober Livings West Palm Beach a Safe Place during the Coronavirus
The Coronavirus COVID-19 has the nation facing many uncertainties. Many are being dislocated and feeling added stress from isolation. You are not alone, there are resources to help you over the next couple of months.
Edna’s women’s sober livings West Palm Beach is rising to the challenge and is currently open and ready to help anyone. We are a safe haven for all females including anyone that is pregnant. We work with many addiction treatment centers that deal with pregnant women. This national pandemic is isolating people and causing some to have escalated drug and alcohol addiction problems. Many women have lost employment or have had their hours cut drastically. We are prepared to make sure every sober resident has food and shelter in this safe home.
Our trusted recovery community over the years has fostered solidarity with women. We are working on a daily basis to provide the safest Florida recovery residences. We are only one of the few women’s sober homes Palm Beach Gardens offers.
If you are feeling disconnected from your recovery or need a halfway house in West Palm Beach or near Palm Beach Gardens give us a call at 561-469-2959. We can help you during this difficult time.